August Challenge



Pinterest is bad news. Bad bad news. Not only do I waste many an hour drooling over interiors and backyards and furniture that are not mine, but it also inspires me (aka drives me crazy until I do it) to buy more stuff, start more projects, and recreate similar looks. Why is this so bad, you ask? Well, like many, I have quite a few projects that are ready to go and haven't started yet. Like ten. My garage looks like a furniture store with the amount of "waiting to be refinished" furniture. Like what? Well, let's see. In the garage I currently have:


  • 2 Bamboo chippendale chairs
  • A massive dining table
  • A coffee table
  • 2 bedside tables
  • A storage bench,
  • 3 lamps
  • Multiple canvases (unpainted)
  • Desk chair
  • Cube shelving
  • Small side table
  • A wood pallet
Ok, I think that's it. There's probably even more that I don't remember. 

Point is, for the sake of my husband and my home, and for my own sanity (and bank account for that matter) I think it's time I get to work on the projects I already have in my house before going out and acquiring more.

Sounds pretty simple. I was actually inspired by another blogger (must go through my blog roll to remember which one) who declared July as No Spend July. She did not go to any home decor stores (the pain!) for an entire month and focused on doing projects with supplies she already had. Yup, sounds like just what I need. And because I can't call this No Spend August, I think I shall declare this month as "Already Own August". I will complete any and all projects with items I already own. I will even try to use the smallest of supplies that I already own, like paint, fabric etc etc. I'm sure if I dig deep I'll find things I never knew I had.

Comments

Popular Posts