Musings and Changes

It's no secret that I'm not your traditional blogger. My sporadic posts follow no rhyme or reason. What once was an organizing and decorating blog has become a mishmash of all things that make me, me.


The change in the direction of this blog is all due to the change in direction of my life. The past couple of years, I didn't overly focus on fashion, my health, staying fit, or cooking nutritious meals. One could even say I avoided all those things. So, that energy had to go somewhere, and in order to keep my head in the sand about my life, I focused on home. I didn't have the tools to ensure I was eating a properly balanced diet, nor to run a 10 K, but I did have the tools to decorate and organize and so that is what I did.

In the past 8 months or so, I've been on a journey of self discovery (man that sounds super cheesy). I always thought that everything would continually go downhill as I get older, but as many can attest I'm sure, that is not the case at all. To have discovered running and ways to stay active that don't make me hate the word "exercise" in my late twenties has been nothing less than a miracle. The joy of cooking a delicious, healthy meal from fresh, whole ingredients while swaying to Sinatra in the kitchen and sipping a glass of red is one of my all time favourite activities. And organizing and decorating IS still a part of it, very much so. It's just not the whole picture.

So you probably see where I'm going with this, don't ya? Not much on the blog front is going to change, because I've clearly already made the transition, but there will be some more structure. I feel like it's only fair to give you less random, more scheduled. Now, I don't make promises I can't keep, so I'm not promising that every single week I will stick to this, but I'm aiming for at least 3 posts a week following this structure: Early Week (Most likely Tuesday)- Organizing, Decorating, Home Stuff | Friday - Fitness/Fashion/Freebies alternating each week | Saturday - Smoothie Recipes/ Supper Club Recipes alternating each week. Hopefully, if only one or two of those topics interest you, you'll at least know when to stop by (or alternatively, you subscribe by email and have the posts delivered to your inbox where you can ultimately delete what you don't care to read!).

I've never done a poll or questionnaire on here, but LOVE love love feedback, so if there's something you want to see more of, please let me know and I'll do my best to incorporate it! I know that by broadening my topics I'm likely losing out on some readers who were only here for the home part, but that's okay. There are so many great home blogs out there that I don't think the interweb will miss me. I'm also going to try and tackle this blog with a makeover, properly label each post, set up better categories and link all projects so that it's not as terrible to navigate.

And look in the sky and you might just see pigs flying, because I'll be back later today with a SECOND post for you! Yup, you heard that right. Two posts in one day. I'll be posting my first Fit Friday with a 10 minute workout you can do using just yourself and your cell phone. That's pretty awesome, no?

And if I don't say it enough already, THANK YOU dear readers! I sometimes have to look at my stats to remind myself that no, I'm not just writing to myself and the handful of people who comment on each post. No, there's actually quite a few of you out there who read this (scary!), so thank you for sticking around, thank you for being here, and thank you for putting up with my random randomness.

xoxo

Jen

Comments

  1. Such a great post Jen. I love hearing how you've evolved in your personal life and fully support those changes being reflected here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a challenge for me to post on a regular basis, I totally get it. I love the evolution of your blog and it should reflect who you are. I'm looking forward to continue reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the new direction sounds perfect. Blogs should reflect the writer and even if you wind up losing some readers you'll gain new ones who align with the way of things now. Probably no big surprise, but I'll still be showing up to read! And lately 10 minute workouts are all I'm squeezing in so I'll keep an eye out for those flying pigs later today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true that I fell in love with your blog from your labeling and home projects but I really appreciate some motivation on improving my health and well being! I will be back for more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! You made my day :)

Popular Posts