Big News!

Before I finish blogging our Tulum, Mexico trip, I wanted to stop in for a quickie announcement. Something I never thought I would ever say..... we are moving to Winnipeg!


Life throws you curve balls, and this certainly is one. We have been looking at moving out of our place and looking for a house, and now, well, we certainly are!

If you aren't familiar with Winnipeg, it's a city smack dab in the centre of the continent (has even been dubbed as such) in the province of Manitoba. It sits on top of the American border straddling North Dakota and Minnesota.

I've never been there, but from what I've heard, the winters are long and incredible cold, the summers short and incredibly hot, and they have jumbo sized mosquitos.

On the bright side, I've heard that Manitobans are the friendliest of people, there are loads of lakes to enjoy in the summer, and it's truly going to be an adventure for the hubby, two wieners and me.

Hubby got a promotion at work which involved relocating, and I was all aboard. It will be sad to leave family and friends and the neighbourhood we love so very much, but this is an opportunity of a lifetime for him, and there was no turning it down.

What will I be doing, you ask? I'm really not sure. One thing is certain; I will blog about all of our adventures along the way. It's going to be a very busy next two months!


Comments

  1. So exciting!!! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love a move. Im sure you wont regret the adventure! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy change as well! I've never lived more than 45 minutes outside of where I grew up, so this will certainly be an experience. I think everyone should have to live outside of their comfort zone at least once, right?

      Delete
  3. The winters here are very cold that's for sure! At least you're moving here at the start of summer! Enjoy your move!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe that I don't own a snow jacket or winter boots? Thankfully I'll have some time to source out my winter gear!

      Delete
  4. All what you've heard is true about Winnipeg. I've never lived anywhere other than here. Hope you enjoy your move and all the new challenges it brings. I cannot wait to hear all about it!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karin! It's going to be an adventure, that's for sure! Any tips are more than welcome!

      Delete
    2. Be warned, we have more than our fair share of mosquitos. But there are a lot of festivals. The Forks (downtown) is wonderful. If you're into farmers market, there's a great one at the south end of the city. What else would you care to know...
      Karin

      Delete
  5. I enjoy change as well! I've never lived more than 45 minutes outside of where I grew up, so this will certainly be an experience.

    Termosistem vata bazaltica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! You made my day :)

Popular Posts